Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Kite Runner (The Site)





I was a designer previously and I view sites albeit critically.

As the kite sails through this site, it catches my breath along as well. This is an exceptional metamorphic site – having a bird-eye’s view of the ground as the background is an excellent idea to portray the movement of the kite. As you move your mouse, the scene moves along as well – as if you are the kite floating around.

Each link loads without much fuss and time and featuring a kite in almost all links is a good continuity move. The soundtrack is appropriate and blends very well with the theme of the site.

My only grouse is that most of the texts are too tight in their leadings – making eligibility a bit straining.

.: The TRUIzM
Will I watch the movie? I do not know – one person who cried over the book did mention that she may not be able to bear the movie. I suspect I may fall in the same category. In any case, I’ve always been a reader than a watcher. Regardless, this promotional site is an excellent example of portraying messages accurately, creatively and without any fuss.

No comments: